Slip and fall accidents are some of the most common types of personal injury claims. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Collier County, FL, and medical bills are piling up, don’t panic. Viles & Beckman can assist you immediately if you have any questions regarding your legal rights following a slip and fall accident.
Any personal injury incident can be frightening or stressful if you don’t know how to handle the associated medical costs and discomfort during the healing process. Getting legal help is crucial if you or a loved one have been in an accident. Slip and fall accident attorneys in Collier County are ready to protect your rights and fight for your personal injury settlement.
Why Your Deserve a Settlement After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you have been injured in a recent slip and fall accident, you may be wondering what legal rights you have to be compensated for medical expenses and any pain and suffering. If you fell due to a wet floor, poor lighting, a broken step, or any other type of unkept property issue, you may qualify for a premises liability settlement.
Landowners owe a duty of care to visitors, and neglect is a breach of that responsibility. It can be difficult to prove, but the knowledge that an issue persists and proof of inadequate solutions on their part could win you compensation to cover all accident-related costs.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accident lawyer serving Collier County, call (239) 334-3933
Increase Your Chances of Winning a Personal Injury Settlement
There are a few things that you should do to have the best chance of winning a large settlement from your slip and fall accident claim:
- Visit the doctor right away for x-rays, scans, and medical testing.
- Keep copies of or document everything related to your slip and fall accident. This includes photos of the accident scene, the contact information of witnesses, medical diagnosis from doctors, and the accident report filed after the accident.
- Seek legal advice from a personal injury attorney before accepting any settlement offers.
- Avoid discussing anything that could jeopardize your slip and fall case on social media or missing the doctor visits that are scheduled as part of your treatment plan.
With the assistance of an accomplished slip and fall accident lawyer in Collier County, FL, you can strengthen your legal case. They will offer thorough instructions on navigating the personal injury claims procedure and consider any legal options that would best ensure the payment of your compensation.
Collier County Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (239) 334-3933
Find a Slip and Fall Lawyer to Represent You
Defending yourself, also known as “pro se litigation,” usually isn’t a viable option – even for those with legal experience or knowledge. For the average person, representing yourself in a personal injury case can be especially overwhelming. Also, proving liability for a slip and fall claim can be challenging. It requires a lot of research, fact-checking, and going back and forth with the insurance company.
A qualified Collier Count slip and fall accident attorney will have experience with cases like yours. Since this is the case, their methods and connections may expedite the process of your case. Instead of trying to find out who is liable after your slip and fall accident, delegating that responsibility to an attorney while you recover may help you more overall.
Deadline for Filing a Slip and Fall Personal Injury Claim in Florida
In Florida, there is a four-year statute of limitations for slip-and-fall accidents. Meaning that victims of a slip and fall in Florida have four years from the date of the accident to file a claim, according to Florida code 95.11(3)(6).
If you are unable to file before this deadline passes, you may revoke your ability to collect compensation. You may verify exceptions with your lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages can I Recover From a Slip and Fall Accident?
The medical diagnosis and treatment that you receive after an accident are key to determining how much money your slip and fall claim is worth.
For personal injury cases, there is no standard award amount granted for certain injuries, but your settlement should cover your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
The Legal Process Of Getting a Personal Injury Settlement
- Select legal representation: Whether you represent yourself or hire a premises liability attorney in Collier County, FL, be mindful of selecting legal representation that demonstrates professional best practices in pursuing your settlement.
- Obtain evidence: To support your claim, your attorney will collect health records, images from the scene of the fall, the police report, and any witness statements. We will also gather receipts of all accident-related expenses to include in your settlement request.
- Send a demand letter: Your personal injury attorney will request in writing from the party or parties at fault a settlement of the amount you and your attorney believe you are entitled to. The other side will then have three options: accept the settlement, reject it, or make a counteroffer.
- Filing the Lawsuit for Damages: If your settlement demand is rejected, your attorney will file the necessary lawsuit to seek compensation in court. For most slip and fall cases, settlements are reached without going to court.
- Trial: The judge will hear from both sides and consider all relevant evidence to decide if the defendant was at fault and, if so, what kind of damages they should be forced to pay.
Discuss Your Legal Alternatives After a Slip and Fall Accident Today
A Collier County slip and fall accident lawyer can help you defend your rights and ensure you receive compensation for your losses and injuries. We can help you pursue a successful claim whether you fell at work, in a store, restaurant, or a loved one’s home. We provide tenacious legal assistance and a free initial case review.
Contact the legal experts at Viles & Beckman to schedule an appointment and discuss your legal options today.