Fort Myers Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Providing Experienced, Effective & Aggressive Representation
With the increasing popularity of ridesharing apps, like Uber and Lyft, the number of car accidents involving ridesharing vehicles has, naturally, increased right along with it. Uber and Lyft, collectively, operate in hundreds of cities throughout the US, garnering more and more users every day. However, because these ridesharing companies are so new, there are relatively few laws regarding the restrictions and guidelines for the operation of these types of organizations. Especially in Florida, the laws for Uber and Lyft drivers are fairly scarce and these companies limit their own liability by classifying their drivers as “independent contractors“, rather than employees.
If you’ve been injured in a ridesharing accident, you need skilled and knowledgeable legal representation to help you get the compensation you need.
At Viles & Beckman, LLC, our Fort Myers ridesharing lawyers have more than four decades of combined legal experience, providing us with a comprehensive understanding of Florida personal injury law. As a result, we have a long track record of success that speaks for itself and effective strategies that we can put to work for you. Regardless of how large, small, complex, or severe your situation may be, we have the experience and skills necessary to help you fight for the financial resources you are owed.
How Viles & Beckman Can Help with Your Rideshare Accident Claim
At Viles & Beckman, LLC, our lawyers are intimately familiar with all the laws, paperwork, and procedures related to rideshare accidents in Florida and we can put that knowledge to work for you. Our attorneys know all the tricks that ridesharing corporations and their insurance companies commonly use in order to minimize the amount that they pay out.
The insurance companies for these corporations are businesses and, as such, value profits and revenue above all else. Therefore, they will work to give you as little money as possible. We have more than enough experience to know when an insurance company is trying to lowball our clients by offering far undervalued settlements. We will fight relentlessly and we will fight for every single penny that you are owed.
Damages Caused by a Florida Rideshare Accident
With the financial compensation you could receive upon the successful settlement of your rideshare injury claim, you can help pay for the following common damages in a car accident case:
- Property damage (including vehicle damage)
- Medical bills
- Emotional distress
- Changes in your quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Lost income due to time away from work
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident
- Future loss of income due to disability or long-term injury
- Any other economic loss reasonably related to your accident
What kind of insurance do rideshare companies have in Florida?
Drivers for rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft may or may not be covered under the companies insurance policy, or their own auto insurance policy, depending on the situation. These situations can be divided into four stages:
- Stage 1: If a rideshare driver is driving with their app off, then their regular auto insurance policy is in effect.
- Stage 2: If the rideshare driver has their app on, but is waiting to be linked up with a passenger, they may be covered by a private form of rideshare insurance if they chose to purchase such a policy, or they will have a limited amount of liability coverage though the rideshare companies policy.
- Stage 3: When the rideshare driver has been linked with a customer and is on their way to pick them up, the rideshare company’s insurance coverage is in place.
- Stage 4: Once an Uber or Lyft driver has picked up their passenger, the rideshare company’s commercial auto insurance is in effect. Once the passenger is dropped off, the driver returns to stage 1 or stage 2 depending on if they turn off the app at that point.
Florida has tried to protect rideshare drivers by making sure that they have some type of insurance liability coverage in effect at all times; in the past, there were times when there were gaps in the coverage.
Contact Experienced Rideshare Accident Attorneys Today
Whether your injuries were caused by a negligent rideshare driver or while you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, we will work tirelessly to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions, both legally and financially.
Even though some rideshare companies have weak hiring practices and often hire far under-qualified drivers, they will strive to avoid any and all liability. These large companies like Uber and Lyft, as well as their insurance companies, have extensive teams of lawyers at their disposal to defend them against civil suits. However, our Fort Myers rideshare accident lawyers have the resources and experience necessary to help even the playing field and fight against even the largest corporations.
In fact, using our experience and work ethic, we have recovered numerous awards over 35 million dollars for our clients and we can help you, too.