Viles & Beckman awards a $2,500 academic-based scholarship to a deserving student who is pursuing higher education at an accredited college/university or graduate school. Students from all areas of study are invited to participate. Interested students must use the form on this page to apply. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2024.
Both current and incoming students are encouraged to apply. One winner will be selected by a scholarship selection committee formed by representatives of Viles & Beckman.
About the Scholarship
As a personal injury law firm, Viles & Beckman is dedicated to the development, enrichment, and protection of local communities. We help injured people get compensation, but recovering from a serious injury is truly a community endeavor.
The Marcus W. Viles Community Growth Scholarship is about ensuring that our schools and local communities are strong presences that sustain and uplift the citizens that make them up.
In order to qualify for the Marcus W. Viles Community Growth Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Attend or be accepted to attend an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Have legal residency or citizenship in the U.S.
- Adhere to all the terms and conditions of this scholarship
- Submit proof of enrollment, personal identification, and additional required documents via the form on this page
- Author an original 1,000-word essay on the topic provided below
The following people are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Employees of Viles & Beckman, LLC
- Children of Viles & Beckman, LLC employees
- Applicants unwilling to be interviewed by representatives of Viles & Beckman, LLC upon winning the award
- Applicants who have submitted the same essay or for multiple years in a row or for multiple scholarships
- Previous winners of the Marcus W. Viles Community Growth Scholarship
Scholarship Essay Topic
Please write an original, 1,000-word essay on the following topic.
What does your community mean to you? Discuss your commitment to both your school and the larger community. Provide examples of ways that you have benefited from and helped enrich the communities in which you are involved. This can include helping those who are injured or in need of assistance, volunteer work, tutoring, etc.
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2024.
Applications received after the deadline will be discarded.
Submissions will be reviewed by a specially organized scholarship selection committee. Depending on the number of applications we receive, this process can take up to three months.
All necessary information about the scholarship can be found on this page and the terms and conditions page. Unfortunately, we are unable to field questions regarding the status of applications. One winner will be selected and notified via email. An announcement will be made on our blog as well as via a press release, and these will serve as notification to all non-winners.
Viles & Beckman, LLC may contact applicants if we need additional information in order to verify your application.
All winners of our annual Marcus W. Viles Community Growth Scholarship (maybe even you!) will be listed here. All winners will be interviewed for an announcement blog post and press release.
2023 Winner: Jordan Persad-Tirone