Motorists who decide to drive while intoxicated must be held responsible for the damage they cause. If you’ve been injured in a collision caused by an intoxicated driver, a Lehigh Acres drunk driving car accident attorney from Viles & Beckman can help you seek justice.
You can pursue a drunk driving car accident claim alongside a criminal trial. If your case is successful, you could receive compensation for any medical bills you’ve racked up due to your injuries and financial support to help you cope with the psychological effects of the crash. Contact us today to find out if you’re eligible to file a claim.
How a Lehigh Acres Drunk Driving Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
Attempting to file an insurance claim while you’re busy recovering from your car accident injuries can be incredibly exhausting and difficult. To get the assistance you need to make your claim successful and maximize your settlement, you’ll want to work with an experienced lawyer.
Here’s what a car accident attorney can do to help your case:
- Investigate the accident and collect meaningful evidence
- Determine the factors that caused the crash
- Construct a claim based on facts and evidence
- Communicate with insurers
- Negotiate an insurance settlement
- Keep you updated on your case throughout the claims process
- Offer helpful legal advice at every stage of the process
A drunk driving car accident lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, FL, can also help you determine how much your claim is worth. We’ll identify the losses you’ve taken on and calculate the amount of compensation you’re owed for your accident-related expenses and suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, call (239) 334-3933
Drunk Driving Car Accident Damages
The damages you receive from a car accident claim can give you the financial support you need to treat your injuries, take time off from work to recuperate, and cover any additional losses caused by the collision.
A car accident attorney from our firm can request the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical bills: The compensation you receive from a claim can cover the cost of your hospital care, doctor’s appointments, surgeries, procedures, testing, medications, assistive devices, and rehabilitative therapy sessions. If you’re expected to require medical treatment in the future, these damages can take care of it.
- Lost wages: Missing work after a severe car accident is inevitable. Fortunately, these damages can replace some of the paychecks you miss during your recovery period.
- Decreased earning ability: Lasting injuries like brain trauma, paralysis, and disability can permanently affect a car accident victim’s ability to work and earn a salary. If your injuries prevent you from earning the living that you are accustomed to, these damages can help compensate.
- Property damage: Whether your car was damaged or totaled in the accident, you shouldn’t have to pay for it by yourself. These damages can cover a portion of your vehicle repair or replacement costs.
- Pain and suffering: Broken bones, burns, whiplash, and other car accident injuries can leave victims with unbearable pain and discomfort. If you’re experiencing a great deal of pain due to your injuries, tell your attorney, and they’ll add these damages to your claim.
- Mental distress: Car accident victims can experience mental distress and mental health problems for years following a collision. If that’s the case for you, a drunk driving car accident attorney in Lehigh Acres can request these damages.
Lehigh Acres Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me (239) 334-3933
How Florida’s Insurance Laws Impact Your Claim
Florida Statutes § 627.7407 requires all drivers in the state to carry their own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. In the event of a drunk-driving car accident in Lehigh Acres, you won’t have to go through the other driver’s insurance to get your losses reimbursed.
Instead, an attorney can help you file a claim with your PIP plan. They’ll help you understand how much your plan covers and help you get the most out of your claim. If your losses exceed your PIP policy’s limit, there are other ways you can pursue compensation.
If filing an insurance claim isn’t an option, your lawyer may advise you to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. At Viles & Beckman, our team has an impressive amount of trial experience. We’ve delivered amazing results for clients just like you. We’ll represent your best interests in court and fight for the verdict you need to get your life back.
Click to contact our Lehigh Acres Car Accident Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations for Drunk Driving Car Accident Claims in Lehigh Acres
Another state law that may affect your claim is the statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is a deadline that your car accident lawsuit must be filed before. Fla. Stat. Ann. § 95.11(3)(a) states that you generally have four years from the date of your collision to file a civil suit. If you don’t file within the deadline, you could lose your right to collect compensation for your bills and suffering.
To ensure you have the best chance possible of obtaining a fair verdict, you’ll want to act fast and contact an attorney as soon as you can. A lawyer can work with you to get your suit submitted on time. If your deadline has passed, let us know, and we can advise you on your other options.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
No Fee Unless We Win Your Case
We operate on a contingency fee basis. That means your Lehigh Acres drunk driving car accident attorney won’t charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees for the services they perform. Instead, they’ll take a contingency fee or a portion of the settlement you receive from your claim.
If your claim is unsuccessful and you receive no compensation, your attorney simply won’t get paid. If you do receive a settlement or court-awarded payment, your lawyer will take an agreed-upon percentage of it.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
Don’t wait any longer to reach out to a Lehigh Acres drunk driving car accident lawyer from our firm. The longer you delay legal action, the less likely you’ll receive a fair settlement for your injuries and accident-related losses.
Contact Viles & Beckman today to schedule a free consultation. If a car accident attorney from our team agrees to represent you, they’ll work hard to build a strong claim or lawsuit on your behalf. Once your case has concluded, you’ll likely receive the compensation you deserve.
Call or text (239) 334-3933 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form