After saving up and putting significant effort into building a successful investment portfolio, it’s disheartening to lose your money because of a stock broker’s or brokerage firm’s negligence. Our team of securities fraud attorneys in Bonita Springs, FL, can help you after you discover you’ve been a victim of investment fraud.
Our Florida security fraud lawyers at Viles & Beckman are ready to hold the liable parties accountable. We can help you through the process of recovering your losses.
What Is Investment Fraud?
Investment fraud, or securities fraud, is a multifaceted term encompassing a wide array of deceptive practices within the financial realm. At its core, investment fraud involves deliberate efforts to mislead and manipulate investors, leading them to make decisions that ultimately result in financial losses.
These fraudulent schemes exploit individuals’ trust in financial systems and institutions, taking advantage of their financial growth and security aspirations. In investment fraud, fraudsters utilize a variety of tactics to create a facade of legitimacy and profitability.
For a free legal consultation with a security fraud lawyer serving Bonita Springs, call (239) 334-3933
What Actions from My Stockbroker or a Brokerage Qualify as Security Fraud?
To know if your investments are at risk, there are several ways your stockbroker or even the brokerage they work with may be committing investment fraud with your funds. Here are the most common ways stockbroker fraud occurs:
- Material misrepresentation: The dissemination of false or misleading information concerning an investment opportunity, often exaggerating potential returns or minimizing associated risks.
- Excessive trading (Churning): “Churning” encompasses the excessive trading of securities in your account to generate unwarranted commissions, disregarding your investment objectives and inducing financial harm.
- Unauthorized trading: Unauthorized trading occurs when a broker initiates trades in your account without explicit authorization, infringing upon your investment autonomy and potentially leading to losses.
- Pump and dump: Characterized by disseminating fabricated or deceptive statements to artificially inflate a stock’s price. Subsequently, the fraudulent party sells their shares, causing the stock’s value to plummet, causing investor losses.
- Insider trading: Engaging in securities trading grounded in non-public, pertinent information about a company, thus conferring an unfair advantage to select investors.
- Front-running: A broker executes trades on security for their account while leveraging prior knowledge of imminent orders from clients. This can detrimentally impact the trade execution price for clients.
- Unsuitable recommendations: Brokers must propose investments commensurate with your risk tolerance and investment objectives. Recommending unsuitable investments violates this standard.
- Aggressive sales tactics: Employing forceful tactics to expedite investment decisions sans adequate research or reflection, potentially indicating illicit behavior.
Bonita Springs Security Fraud Lawyer Near Me (239) 334-3933
What to Do After You Suspect Security Fraud in Bonita Springs
If you suspect you have become a target of investment fraud, taking prompt and informed action is vital to mitigate potential losses and protect your financial interests. Here’s a guide on what to do after you suspect investment fraud:
- Pause and assess: If something about an investment opportunity seems off or too good to be true, take a step back. Avoid making any hasty decisions and resist pressure from aggressive sales tactics.
- Gather documentation: Compile all relevant documents related to the suspected fraudulent investment, including emails, contracts, statements, and any communication with the individuals or entities involved.
- Contact authorities: Report your suspicions to the appropriate regulatory authorities, such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). They can investigate and take necessary actions to address the situation.
- Consult legal counsel: Reach out to a broker fraud attorney experienced in securities and investment fraud. We can provide legal guidance, assess your situation, and advise you on potential courses of action.
- Notify your financial institution: If the suspected fraud involves your existing accounts or investments, inform your financial institution promptly. They can take steps to secure your accounts and prevent further unauthorized activities.
How a Viles & Beckman Security Fraud Attorney in Bonita Springs, FL, Can Help
Figuring out the details of securities fraud allegations demands the guidance of an experienced Bonita Springs investment fraud attorney. The knowledge and experience of our personal injury lawyers can help you safeguard your rights and pursue justice. Here’s how our team can assist you:
- Thorough investigation: Investment fraud lawyers in Bonita Springs, FL, can investigate the fraud by gathering evidence, transactions, and communication to build a comprehensive understanding of the situation.
- Legal strategy development: Crafting a tailored legal strategy is vital. A skilled attorney will assess the nuances of your case, identify potentially liable parties, and devise a strategic plan to recover your losses.
- Regulatory compliance: Knowing the intricacies of securities regulations and laws requires in-depth knowledge. A securities fraud attorney can identify if your financial advisor’s actions are legal.
- Client counseling: Our attorneys offer sound legal counsel, guiding you through the intricacies of the legal process, managing expectations, and addressing your concerns.
- Mitigating damages: If you’ve suffered damages in addition to losing your funds, an attorney from our firm can work to minimize their impact by exploring avenues for compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Bonita Springs Security Law Firm Today
At Viles & Beckman, we believe that no case is too small. And our stock attorneys will treat you like family because that’s the legal representation you deserve. We understand that losing significant money you’ve built over the years can be extremely frustrating.
Contact us to schedule your free consultation today to see what our Bonita Springs, FL, investment fraud lawyers can do for you.