Truck accidents happen frequently in North Fort Myers, leading to severe injuries and fatalities. These devastating collisions often occur due to driver fatigue, improper maintenance, or distracted driving. A North Fort Myers truck accident lawyer from Viles & Beckman could help you hold the negligent party responsible.
To protect your rights and pursue fair compensation in a commercial vehicle case, seeking legal help from a qualified attorney is crucial. One of our experienced personal injury lawyers in North Fort Myers can be your trusted advocate after a crash.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Pursuing Compensation Following a Truck Accident in Fort Myers
In the unfortunate event of a truck accident in Fort Myers, state law allows you to seek damages to recover the losses incurred due to injury or the death of a loved one. Compensation can vary based on accident circumstances, injury severity, and financial impact.
Here are the potential damages you may be able to recover through a settlement or court judgment:
- Medical expenses: These include costs for ambulance services, emergency room visits, hospitalization, surgeries, radiology, laboratory tests, prescriptions, and post-treatment care.
- Future medical costs: Severe injuries requiring extensive recovery or leading to permanent disabilities may necessitate ongoing medical treatment, which can be included in your claim.
- Rehabilitation expenses: You may have expenses associated with physical therapy sessions and treatments from other specialized healthcare providers.
- Assistive devices: After a serious accident, you may need crutches, walkers, canes, wheelchairs, or prosthetic limbs.
- Lost wages: You can also seek damages for your lost income due to hospitalization and recovery, including potential future wage losses if the injury prevents you from returning to work.
- Non-economic damages: This category includes damages like pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other losses, depending on the unique aspects of your case.
- Punitive damages: In cases involving intentional harm or gross negligence, the court may award punitive damages.
The damages you recover will depend on factors like the severity of your injuries and how they affect your life. For example, a person with severe and permanent cognitive impairment from a traumatic brain injury may be unable to work or manage household responsibilities.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving North Fort Myers, call (239) 334-3933
Wrongful Death Compensation
If you tragically lost a family member in a truck accident, your eligibility for compensation via a wrongful death lawsuit depends on how you are related to the deceased. A seasoned truck accident lawyer from Viles & Beckman can explain your legal options and guide you and your family toward the best course of action.
In a successful wrongful death claim, you may recover some of the previously mentioned damages in addition to burial and funeral expenses.
North Fort Myers Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (239) 334-3933
Liable Parties in Florida Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are complex events that often involve multiple parties beyond just the driver. When pursuing damages in the aftermath of such an accident, it’s crucial to identify and hold the responsible parties accountable.
In your lawsuit, you may need to name one or more of the following parties as liable:
- Negligent commercial vehicle drivers: Those who violate traffic laws or make careless choices while driving a truck can be held liable for the resulting collision.
- Truck owners and trucking companies: Liability may also extend to truck owners and trucking companies, especially if they fail to properly maintain their vehicles, pressure drivers into unsafe practices, or provide inadequate training.
- Other motorists: Careless actions by other motorists, such as riding in a truck’s blind spot or disregarding traffic regulations, can contribute to truck accidents.
- Truck and part manufacturers: Manufacturers of trucks and their components may be held responsible if a defective part leads to mechanical failure and an accident.
- Government entities: In some cases, government entities like the state of Florida, Lee County, or the city of Fort Myers may be liable for accidents resulting from poorly maintained roads, flawed road designs, or malfunctioning traffic signals.
Determining liability in a Florida truck accident involves a thorough investigation to identify all responsible parties. This process is essential for seeking fair compensation. An attorney can help identify the liable party and protect your rights.
Florida Time Limit for Personal Injury Claims
In the realm of personal injury law in Florida, time is of the essence. Understanding the statute of limitations is important if you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence and wish to seek compensation for your losses.
The time limit for filing a personal injury claim stemming from a motor vehicle accident is two years from the date of the incident. Florida House Bill 837 sets forth this general deadline. However, exceptions may apply, depending on the specific circumstances of your case.
A qualified personal injury attorney can assess the details of your case, ensure all necessary documentation is gathered, and guide you through the legal process. Failing to take action within the allowable time frame can result in your claim being barred, depriving you of the opportunity to seek compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in North Fort Myers
If a truck driver, a trucking company, or another party’s negligence caused your injuries in a truck accident, you deserve justice and financial compensation. Our Fort Myers truck accident lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies and fight for you in court if your case goes to trial.
At Viles & Beckman, we recognize the financial challenges that follow a serious accident, so we operate on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay us nothing unless we win. Our attorney fees come from the compensation we secure on your behalf.
Contact us today to get started with a free consultation.