If you’ve been in a car accident, you need quality legal representation that can help you hold the at-fault parties accountable. You may be struggling with medical bills, phone calls from insurance adjusters, and many other stressors after an accident.
Our personal injury lawyers in Cape Coral at Viles & Beckman have over 40 years of combined experience representing car accident victims in Florida, and we can help. Our law firm offers free consultations so we can inform you of the damages and settlement you may qualify for.
Common Types of Cape Coral Car Crashes
If you’ve been injured in a car crash, our team of Cape Coral car accident lawyers can help you recover the compensation you need. We can help you if you’ve suffered injuries in any of the following types of accidents:
- Head-on collisions: Vehicles traveling towards each other from different directions that collide into each other’s front ends. The head-on impact caused by high closing speeds in these crashes can often result in significant injuries or even fatalities.
- Rear-end accidents: A rear-end accident happens when a following vehicle crashes into the back of the car in front of it. Rear impacts frequently cause whiplash and other neck or back injuries for those in the rear car.
- Sideswipe collisions: A sideswipe collision involves the side of one vehicle scraping against the side of another vehicle, often occurring when one changes lanes into the other. While less severe than head-on crashes, sideswipes can still result in property damage and soft tissue injuries from sudden impact.
- Drunk driving accidents: Drunk driving accidents are caused by an impaired driver who has consumed enough alcohol to be over the legal limit. If you’ve suffered injuries due to a drunk driver, our Cape Coral drunk driving accident lawyer can help you.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Cape Coral, call (239) 334-3933
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida?
In the state of Florida, you have a limited amount of time, known as the statute of limitations, to file a personal injury lawsuit after a car accident or other incident has occurred. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, the statute of limitations is two years.
This means that to pursue monetary damages through litigation, you must file a lawsuit within two years from the date of loss. The clock starts ticking on the day of the accident or event that caused the physical harm or fatality.
Florida’s statute of limitations exists to encourage prompt resolution of legal claims and prevent parties from filing after evidence is lost or witnesses’ memories fade over extended time. As an accident victim in Florida, you need to be aware of this two-year deadline if you wish to preserve the option of pursuing compensation through the court system.
How Can a Cape Coral Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, a Cape Coral personal injury attorney can provide valuable assistance. Even Florida car crashes that seem minor could have serious consequences, so it’s a good idea to consult with a lawyer. An experienced car accident lawyer from our firm can help in the following ways:
- Evaluate, take steps to increase the strength of car accident claims, and advise on the best approach for seeking compensation.
- Handle all communications and negotiations with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Thoroughly investigate the accident by gathering evidence like witness statements, photos, and police reports.
- Build a strong claim by documenting your injuries, medical attention, lost wages, and other damages.
- Maximize the value of your settlement by leveraging our 40 years of combined experience in insurance payout trends.
- If settlement talks stall, prepare your case for litigation and represent you in court if needed.
- Ensure you receive all coverage benefits like medical payments to aid your recovery.
A Cape Coral car accident attorney can protect your legal rights and relieve much of the stress so you can focus on healing from your injuries. A free consultation helps determine the best strategy for your situation.
What Losses Can You Recover After a Cape Coral Car Crash?
After you’ve been in a Cape Coral car crash, under Florida law, you have the right to recover compensation for your losses. Our car crash lawyers in Cape Coral at Viles & Beckman can help you recover the following damages:
Handling medical costs after a Cape Coral car crash can be stressful. By recovering medical bills, you can receive coverage for the following costs:
- Ambulance transportation to the emergency room
- Emergency room fees for initial exams and tests
- Follow-up doctor visits if further treatment is needed
- Surgery to repair broken bones or other injuries you sustained in the crash
- Physical therapy if muscles or joints are damaged
- Prescription medications
- Medical devices like crutches or a brace, if mobility is impaired
- Longer-term care may be required due to injuries caused by the negligent driver
Suppose you missed time off work while unable to perform normal duties due to injuries from the other vehicle like concussions, whiplash, or broken limbs. In that case, compensation takes into consideration wages, commissions, bonuses, or benefits lost during recovery. It may also take into account long-term effects on your career if the accident caused permanent issues, reducing future capabilities.
Pain and Suffering
General damages are meant to account for physical pain experienced, like soreness, headaches, or difficulty sleeping due to crash injuries. Pain and suffering damages also account for the emotional distress of living with those injuries, the visibility of scars from lacerations you received in the accident, and lifestyle changes required if you can’t regain full mobility or independence after the other driver’s negligent actions.
Loss of Consortium
For married plaintiffs, this covers things like loss of affection, companionship, and home services if the spouse had to assume more duties over an extended period while the injured party recovered from crash-related harms like fractures, internal injuries, or long-term medical problems.
Compensation for property damages applies if the negligent driver’s vehicle collision caused harm to yours through damage to panels, windows, mechanicals, or a total loss requiring replacement. Personal belongings inside, like clothing or electronics ruined in the impact, may also qualify for reimbursement.
Future Medical Expenses
Some physicians foresee a probability of future surgeries, prescriptions, or recurring treatments being necessary throughout a lifetime due to the lasting consequences of the accident injuries you sustained through no fault of your own. You can recover these costs so you don’t have to worry about paying for your medical bills later on.
Disfigurement or Permanent Injury
Significant scarring or health problems that are permanent are also recoverable. This amount accounts for reduced quality of life, as the accident has now caused impairment that cannot be remedied due to the negligence that caused the crash. If your car accident causes permanent disability, our team of personal injury attorneys can help you.
Contact Us to Connect With a Cape Coral Car Accident Attorney Today
At Viles & Beckman, our team of Cape Coral car accident attorneys can help you handle the aftermath of your crash. Our Florida law firm has the experience necessary to fight for you to receive a fair settlement for the losses you’ve suffered.
Contact us today to get a free consultation and learn how our personal injury attorneys can help you.