Back injuries and pain impact 80% of adults in their lives. If the injury occurred due to someone else’s negligence, a back injury lawyer in Fort Myers can fight to get you the compensation that can cover your losses.
Our team of Fort Myers personal injury lawyers at Viles and Beckman can step in to start working on your claim today. We provide comprehensive legal care for your clients. Find out more by reaching out to us for a free consultation.
Can You Secure Damages After a Back Injury in Fort Myers?
Back injuries in Fort Myers can leave you in debilitating pain or can be minor. The National Institute of Health (NIH) explains:
Back pain can range in intensity from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp, or shooting pain. It can begin suddenly as a result of an accident or by lifting something heavy, or it can develop over time as we age. Getting too little exercise followed by a strenuous workout also can cause back pain.
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, you may have a chance for legal compensation if someone caused an accident that left you wounded. You may work with back injury lawyers to file a personal injury claim in this situation.
For a free legal consultation with a back injury lawyer serving Fort Myers, call (239) 334-3933
What Are Common Types of Back Injuries in Fort Myers?
Any accident can lead to back pain. Doctors break the spinal column down into:
- 24 total moveable vertebrae and 33 individual bones
- Five sections or regions
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine
- Sacrum and coccyx
Injuries can occur in the discs between the spine, too. These discs are spongy and provide absorption and padding for the vertebrae. Ligaments also exist and protect the spinal cord, followed by muscles, nerves, tendons, and cartilage.
All these areas can become injured: vertebrae, muscle, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, nerves, and discs. The injuries our clients sustain can vary from one accident to the next. Common injuries include:
- Fractures: Vertebrae fractures can impact the entire spine.
- Protruding discs: Also known as bulging discs, this injury occurs when the disc begins to swell and puts pressure on nearby nerves, leading to moderate to severe pain.
- Strain: Strains represent an injury to a muscle or tendon in the back. While many back injuries involve bones, the area also relies on many muscles and tendons.
- Sprain: Sprains occur when you experience damage to a ligament in the back caused by tearing or stretching.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a kind of soft tissue injury. It impacts the upper back or neck. For example, a sudden jerk forward and back can lead to whiplash. Other forms of back injuries often accompany whiplash.
Fort Myers Back Injury Lawyer Near Me (239) 334-3933
What Kind of Compensation Can You Receive After a Back Injury?
Back injuries can lead to long-term pain and suffering, significant medical bills, and time off of work. Some may require surgery or therapy to heal. In addition, recovering from these injuries can strain your finances.
Fortunately, a Fort Myers back injury attorney can step in to help you recover from these losses. Your legal team may secure you funding to cover your:
- Emergency medical care
- Time spent in a hospital
- Medical tests and procedures
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
Our team focuses on other expenses, like your lost wages at work and your diminished earning potential. We understand the long-term effects of back injuries and always stand up for the best interests of our clients.
How Can Fort Myers Back Injury Attorneys Help You?
You don’t have to try to secure compensation on your own following a back injury. Our team handles all your legal needs so that you can focus on your recovery. We can:
- Answer any legal questions you have
- Take care of communication with the insurance company
- Track essential deadlines in your claim
- Gather evidence about your accident
- Focus on all your losses
- Resolve your case in or out of the courtroom
We’ve used our experience as back injury lawyers to develop strategies that work when negotiating with insurance agents. Our team can review any deals offered by the insurance company to see if they cover your losses, and we can advise you whether or not to settle.
Additionally, we have the resources to take your claim to court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How do Fort Myers Back Injury Lawyers Build Your Claim?
You may only receive compensation to cover your losses if a back injury lawyer in Fort Myers can show that someone else caused your accident due to negligence. Our team works to establish negligence by:
- Questioning all witnesses who saw the accident
- Reviewing a copy of the police record
- Viewing surveillance footage, if available
- Working with back injury experts
We understand that many accidents can cause back injuries. You can reach out to us if your injury occurred due to a motor vehicle accident or slip and fall accident. Regardless of the kind of accident you experienced, we can build a personalized claim to assist you.
How Long Can You Wait to File a Back Injury Claim in Florida?
Florida’s statute of limitations under Fla. Stat. § 95.11 can impact the time you have to seek compensation after sustaining a back injury. In many cases, you only have four years to move forward with an insurance claim following an accident. Our team can assess your situation and review all critical deadlines.
Speak to a Lawyer After a Back Injury in Fort Myers
You have a legal chance to secure compensation if someone caused an accident that injured your back. In this situation, you can contact a Fort Myers back injury lawyer for professional assistance.
Our team at Viles and Beckman puts clients first. Allow us to assess your situation and begin working on your claim.