Getting behind the wheel of a car always comes with some amount of risk. From minor fender benders to devastating collisions, auto accidents are an unfortunate reality for millions of drivers each year. Some of the most common injuries incurred during an auto accident are whiplash and neck injuries. Almost 3 million Americans suffer from whiplash in a given year, with auto accidents serving as the leading culprit. If you are one of the million Americans who have experienced whiplash or a neck injury resulting from an auto-related accident, read on to learn more about your rights and what actions you should take.
Have You Sustained Whiplash or a Neck Injury in Fort Myers?
If you have recently sustained whiplash or a neck injury in the Fort Myers area, it’s time to seek legal action. Working with an experienced whiplash and neck injury attorney is your best bet when it comes to receiving compensation for your suffered injuries. More information about common whiplash and neck injuries and the legal process to receive compensation for these injuries are listed below.
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash & neck injury lawyer serving Fort Myers, call (239) 334-3933
Common Signs and Symptoms of Whiplash & Neck Injuries
Whiplash and or neck injuries occur when the head snaps forward and back in a whip-like motion. This sudden movement can cause significant damage to muscles, tendons, and soft tissue in the neck. After-effects of whiplash can last for several months, and severe whiplash injuries can even last a lifetime. The following are common signs and symptoms of whiplash and neck injuries.
- Headaches at the base of the skull that radiate towards the forehead.
- Pain or stiffness when moving your head side to side or backward and forward.
- Decreased range of motion or tightness around the neck.
- General tenderness in and around the neck.
- A degree of fatigue and or dizziness.
- Experiencing ringing in the ears.
- Suffering from memory problems or difficulty concentrating.
- Having trouble sleeping.
- Experiencing tightness or spasms in the muscles in the neck or upper back.
- Having difficulty swallowing and chewing food.
- Experiencing a blurred vision.
- Feeling tingling or numbness in the arms.
- Experiencing signs or symptoms of depression.
If your whiplash symptoms last longer than 6-12 months, you most likely will be diagnosed with chronic whiplash. The following are common signs and symptoms of chronic whiplash and neck injuries.
- Having prolonged jaw pain.
- Experiencing repeated episodes of dizziness.
- Suffering from chronic lower and upper back pain.
- Experiencing severe and frequent headaches.
- Suffering from severe and frequent headaches.
- Having difficulties concentrating.
- Experiencing hearing issues and ringing in the ears.
- Suffering from insomnia.
- Experiencing significant mood swings.
- Having prolonged weakness and numbness in the arms and legs.
If you experience any of these symptoms following an automobile accident, it is essential to immediately seek medical assistance. Along with proper treatment and care, seeking medical attention will provide you with the proper medical documentation you will need to file your injury claim. Failure to seek medical treatment for whiplash or neck-related injuries could lead to long-term medical complications. It is always in your best interest to seek medical assistance following any type of accident.
Fort Myers Whiplash & Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me (239) 334-3933
Who Is Responsible for a Whiplash or Neck Injury?
If you have been diagnosed with whiplash or a neck injury following an auto accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the injuries sustained. If you were involved in an accident that was caused by another driver’s carelessness or inattention, you have the right to file a whiplash lawsuit claim. In filing your claim, you can demand compensation for the following.
- Medical bills, hospital visits, prescription medication, and physical therapy care needed after sustaining your auto accident-related injuries.
- Your lost wages from missed work.
- Your pain and emotional suffering.
- Any damage to your vehicle.
- Your loss of projected income.
- Any other losses that you have had to endure following the aftermath of the accident.
Finding the Best Fort Myers Whiplash and Neck Injury Attorney
Auto accidents are definitely unfortunate events. However, they are also common occurrences that many of us will experience sometime throughout life. Unfortunately, suffering from whiplash and or a neck injury often goes hand-in-hand with big or small auto-related accidents. If you ever find yourself in an auto-related accident, it is essential that you seek medical treatment immediately. Failure to obtain treatment for your injuries could lead to long-term pain and suffering. Once you have received medical treatment for your injuries, it is in your best interest to contact a qualified Fort Myers whiplash and neck injury attorney to help you navigate the whiplash or neck injury claims process. The claims process can be challenging to navigate alone. Having an experienced Fort Myers attorney on your side will result in you receiving the compensation you deserve. To achieve the best possible outcome in your whiplash or neck compensation claim, contact an experienced whiplash and neck injury attorney today for a free consultation.